- Develop and execute bioanalytical characterization methods to validate yield, integrity, purity and performance in downstream applications of nucleic acids extracted from Purigen’s platform.
- Conduct characterization testing and develop system wide user workflows for optimum performance.
- Independently design, plan, execute and analyze experiments to achieve project milestones.
- Serve as a technical genomics expert, with emphasis on NGS library prep and sequence analysis for human disease applications, such as cancer.
- Work closely with R&D chemists, engineers, and marketing to interpret characterization data to guide product development.
- Follow good laboratory practices, including maintenance of accurate laboratory notebooks.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or closely related fields with 5 years of prior product development experience in the life science tools industry
- Prior industry experience developing reagents and their associated application(s) for a commercial product
- Prior industry experience with 1 or more full product life cycle(s) in a life sciences tools development role
- Hands-on experience with sample preparation and analytical analyses of nucleic acids extracted from human samples, including FFPE
- Working knowledge of the principles underlying commercial DNA and RNA sample preparation kits (i.e. off-the-shelf solid-phase extraction kits (beads and/or columns) and liquid-phase extraction reagents)
- Strong hands on technical skills in molecular biology and genomics — including amplification, next-generation sequencing (NGS) library prep and target enrichment, and Illumina sequencing
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Expertise in NGS bioinformatic analysis
- Prior experience with the development of genomics applications on microfluidics-based instrumentation for the life sciences industry